The originally Roman-Gothic Royal castle of Buchlov has been reconstructed to the Renaissance and Baroque styles during the course of years. It was built around the middle of the 13th century on the narrow rocky ridge in the eastern region of Chřiby. During the reign of the Zástřizl Dynasty in the 16th century, the castle went through more customizations. The Clock Tower with a year of 1546 was built and the dancing hall was built as well. The lower castle was reconstructed in the 17th century under protection of the Petřvaldský Dynasty. A church with the owners’ family crypt has been built on the opposite hill of Modla.
Hukvaldy Castle, the third largest one in the Czech Republic, was founded at an important route connecting Olomouc with Cracow in the 13th century. The castle yard is dominated by the so called White Tower, build in the 15th century.
The Hukvaldy Castle with its adjacent game park is a place where the International Music Festival "Janáčkovy Hukvady" is held as a memorial of the famous composer who was born in the village of Hukvaly. The whole castle hill is a nature heritage site and its old beech trees provide a shelter to rare fauna and flora species.
The tower was probably built in the beginning of the 14th century by Hynek Berka z Dubé. In the times of the Hussite war it was destroyed and in the end of the 15th century it was renewed in the Gothic style by the Lords from Klimštejn. Between the years 1911 and 1918 it was rebuilt by Eduard Sochor in Romance style. These days the tower has got really nice interiors, copies of historical weapons and so on. The dominant of the tower is a 38 metres high observation tower and a palace. These parts of the tower resemble its residential and defensive function. The work of Karel Hynek Mácha - Cikáni (The gipsies) - was inspired by this tower. The tower is famous for its many legends.
The Royal castle of Bezděz is one of the most important Gothic castles in Bohemia. It had been founded by Přemysl Otakar II. It is built on the clinkstone hill of Velký Bezděz and it creates a characteristic dominant feature of the region. It was built during the years of 1260 – 1280. It met the demands for the inaccessible and at the same time the representative Royal castle. Together with creation of the cloister during the times of Ferdinand II, the Benedictine Monks transferred a duplicate of the Madonna of Montserrat sculpture into the castle in 1666, and thus the castle became the place of pilgrimage. The romantic silhouette of the castle has drawn attention of the number of artists, among the others of the known Czech poet Karel Hynek Mácha.
The Flamboyant castle founded in 1348 holds a very exceptional position among the Bohemian castles. A Bohemian King has built it and Roman Emperor called Charles IV as a place for storing the royal treasures, primarily the collections of Holy relics and Imperial Crown Jewels. An owner of the castle is the Czech Republic; an administrator of the castle is the “Národní památkový ústav” (National Monument Institute) – the Local Specialized Department for Central Bohemia.